As the holidays approach and family and friends start to visit your home, here are 5 uses for lemons to freshen your home:
- Treat your hands to a mini massage. Mix lemon juice and sugar together then rub all over your hands. It scrubs, softens and leaves a fresh scent.
- Simmer a pot of water with lemon slices to give that zesty aroma in your home without having to spritz air fresheners.
- To demineralize your tea kettle, fill your kettle with water and a few lemon slices. Give it a good boil. Let cool over night. Empty out the kettle and give a good rinse. Voila, your kettle will look as good as new.
- Give your cutting board a fresh facial (of sorts). Cut a lemon in half and using the cut end, rub coarse salt on to the cutting board, focusing on stains or rough patches. Rinse with water.
- If any of your guests make stains on their clothing, let the stain sit in lemon juice and rub with a dash of salt util it starts to lift
Have you ever tried these tips? How did you find they worked?
What experiences do you have with using lemons throughout your home?